Is your rèsume up to date?
Twenty-one Fatal Interview Mistakes
- Poor personal appearance.
- Over aggressiveness.
- Inability to express information clearly.
- Lack of interest and enthusiasm.
- Lack of career planning, no purpose, no goals.
- Over emphasis on money.
- Unwilling to start at the bottom.
- Making excuses.
- Lack of tact and courtesy.
- Nervousness; lack of confidence and poise.
- Lack of maturity.
- Condemns past employers.
- No genuine interest in company or job.
- Fails to make eye contact with interviewer.
- Sloppy application form or résumé.
- Little sense of humor.
- Arrives late for the interview.
- Fails to express appreciation for the interviewer's time.
- Fails to ask questions about job.
- Vague responses to questions.
- Fails to ask for the position.